Monday 2 March 2009

Synecdoche, New York




This Movie is a masterpiece.

Many of you would be wondering if I am writing reviews on movies, don’t worry I am not, not at this moment at least, although I am a movie fanatic.

So you’re wondering, what the hell is there to learn from this movie.
An open-minded person that has watched it will probably say, “Yes this movie is in a league of its own”, a whole different existence.
Someone that went to the Cinema on a bad date would say yeah its aite.

I probably could not summarise or give you in-depth conclusion on this movie, maybe because I don’t know how to , or maybe I just can’t be bothered and I would rather focus on the part that touched me, or just maybe it wouldn't matter anyway because I think it will mean different things to different people.

I would say this is the kind of movie, you either love or don’t

I am not saying watching this movie makes you any smarter or wiser, or just because you watched it your kind of smarter that the rest of the world, or the people in the world, but if you truly appreciate it, it will affect you deeply, giving you a brutal realism and honesty, it has to be one of the most deeply moving movies I've seen in a long time, although till I finished watching it, I still dint know who Charlie Kaufman was or his previous projects, so it was of little surprise when I realised that he was the main man behind Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, All films that I truly admire.

Let’s me make it clear that this movie will not be for everyone, But if you're willing to go into it with an open mind, you might just find yourself amazed.
Maybe, the reason why I like it so much is because it is full of the uncomfortable, brave truths about what it means to be human, and it goes places most movies don't dare to.
It took me a night just to come up with my own conclusion on the movie.

In fact, this film made me uneasy because of how much everyone can relate to it.

The movie suggests that too many of us spend too much time trying to make sense of the world and not enough time living in it. We pull back in loneliness and fear when faced with things bigger than ourselves rather than turning to those who can actually help, namely the other human beings with whom we share our time on this planet.

The Movies goes everywhere from Illness, death, transience, love, relationships, passion, devotion, art, theatre, identity, hope, several topics touched in a painfully genuine way.

Or does this movie show that bits of life might slip away from you, or be taken from you, when you're not paying attention, “you tell me”.

Do we want things that only fit within our conventional range of pace, dialogue, limitations, and cinematography? Well you need to re-evaluate.

One Moment that left in admiration has to be when the preacher begins to talk, during the burial shot. It was unbelievable, that part summarised everything I needed to understand in this movie.

I have written that part word for word for your thoughts.

The Reverend Says:

Everything is more complicated than you think, you only see a tenth of what its true, they are a million little strings attached to every choice you make, and it can destroy your life, every time you choose.

But maybe you won’t know for 20 years and you may never ever trace it to its source, and you only get one chance to play it out.
Just try and figure out your own divorce and they say there is no faith but there is, it is what you create.

Even though the world goes on for eons and eons, you are only here for a fraction of a fraction of second, Most of your time is spent being dead or not yet born.

But while alive, you wait in vein wasting years for a phone call or a letter, or a look from someone or something to make it all right but it never comes.

It seems to but it doesn’t really that why you spend your time in vague, regret or vague or hopes that something good will come along, something meaningful, to make you feel connected, to make you feel whole, something to make you feel loved.

And the truth is “I feel so angry”, the truth is I feel so fucking sad, the truth is

I felt so fucking hurt for so fucking long. And just for long, I have been pretending that I’m ok; just to get along, just for “I don’t know why, maybe because no-one wants to hear my mystery, because they have their own,

Well!

Fuck Everybody.

I hope this analysis, or the movie itself relates to you, gives answers to your questions, and also creates meaningfulness to your curiosities.

Do not hesitate to leave and thoughts relating to this post.

Till next time, Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment