Wednesday 25 February 2009

Interview with David James Telfer


As I said in the last blog that I have been following someone that I believe to be an aspiring entrepreneur in his own ways.
I have been privileged enough to meet up with him to get some facts about his life.

Interview with David Telfer


David Telfer-James U23 M 16 Feb 1988 Enfield & Haringey

In today’s interview and our first interview on “Your Hidden Potential”, we talk to David Telfer-James (Middlesex), a former English Schools champion who reached the semi-finals at the European U20 championships and is another of that fine crop of sprinters that Middlesex University is attracting.
David Telfer-James coached by Lesley Mars and Frank Adams

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: Hello David, how are you?

DAVID: I’m fine thanks; it’s a pleasure to be here

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: Firstly - can you give us a little background information on you David - Where you live? How old you are? (If you don't mind answering) What motivates you? What inspires you?

DAVID: I’m currently living in North London (He Laughs) my birthday just passed so I’m 21 years of age now, my favourite number (laughs).
My Inspiration for my sport has to be down to my peers and family, I use to attend a youth club near my area (new river sports centre)most of the pupils were bad and up to no good but they knew I had a talent, so they pushed me to do something with my life.

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: How does it Feel turning 21?

DAVID: it feels great to be 21, your legal for a lot of opportunities in life, I must say I have been through a lot of setbacks in my life time... But I never allow something to slip out of my hands unless it’s already fallen


HIDDEN POTENTIAL: You have achieved so much as such a young age, how do you manage your time between school and business?

DAVID: oh wow that’s a good Question, my life is packed right now, I wake up at 8.00am in the morning, get home late every day, my mum told me you can rest when you’re dead David, That sounds a bit harsh but it’s true I guess (Laughter).

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: Who is your favourite young athlete at this moment?
DAVID: Myself, I don’t watch other athletes because I don’t have time to.. Athletics is all about self development the key word is self!!

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: How did you start, what inspired you to start running?
DAVID: My twin Sister was running way before me, whilst I was hanging out in the youth club, before I realize, I found myself with a pair of spikes in my hand turning up for training and the rest was history.

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: What was the most important lesson you have learnt?
DAVID: The most important lesson I have learnt is to believe in yourself

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: Who was your role model/influence?
DAVID: Maurice green, he was in his own class


HIDDEN POTENTIAL: What has been your key factor so far?
DAVID: It has to be my mum, she’s been my core

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: How much times do you train a week?
DAVID: I train 6 times a week

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: Anything you would like to have done differently if you could go back in time?
DAVID: I would probably have listened to my coach and not of ran when I was half injured

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: Do you have any secrets on why you have become this good?
DAVID: yes I do have a secret but I’m not telling you (Laughter)

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: What is the best advice you have ever been given?
DAVID: My best advice has to be respecting whom you’re up against but never fear them

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: What has been your greatest achievement so far?
DAVID: Best achievement has to be qualifying for the Europeans in Holland

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: David, tell us something, I heard you have a twin sister, as fast you? (Both in laughter), how does it feel? They must be a lot of competition?
DAVID: My twins great, she looks after me, but she’s not as fast as me (Laughter again)

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: I heard you’re currently recovering from an injury how is that going?
DAVID: I’m fully recovered and ready to roll I’ve been out for nine months

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: Did you ever think you would get as much publicity as you’ve got so far?
DAVID: No, I’ve been in the news papers a few times and even on TV it’s good.

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: What’s next for David Telfer?
Let me know if you think of any other things yeah, that you want to be asked about?

DAVID: what’s next, well my managers lined up a great trip for me, I’m heading to Jamaica for 2months to train with the world record holder usain bolt so that’s going to change my life and I’m looking forward to it ..

HIDDEN POTENTIAL: Thanks David for your time

DAVID: Thank you, it was my pleasure and good luck


To follow David
http://www.uka.org.uk/training-zone/sample-page/athlete-profiles/david-telfer-james/?locale=en


I really hoped you were inspired in some ways to reach out to your dreams, I would encourage you to keep reading the book I introduced to you all, Robert Kiyosaki’s” Rich Dad, Poor Dad”, If you have any questions, or can’t get hold of the book or audio, let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment